The BCCI Apex council met on Friday to discuss a number of issues that needed to be resolved including the status of the IPL 2020. However, Team India’s apparel sponsorship with Nike that ends this September was one of the major issues in the meeting which holds a significant income for the board.
“The Nike’s was a four-year deal for 370 crore with a royalty of 30 crore. Now they will not be submitting any fresh proposal for the new period which starts October 1. The Apex Council has decided that RFP (Request For Proposal) will be floated. Nike obviously can submit a fresh bid,” a senior BCCI official told PTI on conditions of anonymity.
Also read: BCCI triumphs over WSG in media rights battle – Lalit Modi blamed
As a result of which, the BCCI will now be inviting fresh tender for the apparel sponsorship for the Indian Cricket Team.
Other key takeaways from the meeting include :
- BCCI likely to extend the contract with Pulse Innovations for Digital Services on BCCI and IPL platforms.
- NCA likely to be shifted to a new place in Bengaluru, construction plan to be submitted to the state government once the “situation stabilises”.
- Duleep Trophy and Vijay Hazare Trophy scrapped from the men’s itinerary for 2020 – senior BCCI Official
- Concerns raised over domestic players potentially losing Rs 8 to 10 lakhs due to curtailed domestic season
- Motera Stadium considered to host red-ball training camps for Team India, Dharamshala gets second preference